Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back in the saddle again.

Well, I haven't exactly bee good at keeping this up. Time for a belated new years resolution, to write on this thing a little more.

I had a great year last year on the bike. The year 2008 started with a bang as the office started the year witha biggest loser contest. I prepared well for it ahead of time by pigging out during the holdays while begining to ride nearly everyday to get my legs in shape before the sart of the contest! I know rotten, huh. Well, it allowed me to start with 208 pounds and five hundred miles or so in my legs. So, I began with an edge. However, I was determined to win. I did it all. I removed all of the high sugar, carbohydrate rich foods from my diet. Cokes only on occasion and NO Pasta! No pasta? Yes. I forced myself to ride often without the pasta. This allows the body to find its nutrition where it can instead of quick burning carbs, it looks for the fat in the body and pulls from there.

I snacked on natural almonds and low sodium pretzels. However, I allowed myself a treat once a day. A Skinney Cow Ice Cream Sandwich. Every now and then I would also eat a couple of squares of Ghirardelli Chocolate. Dark with no additional flavors.

Three months and fifteen hundred milesw later, I had shed 35 pounds. This was en route to my best cycling year ever. It was great! All the hard work was definitely worth the effort as not only did I lose all of the weight, but the benifits on the bike allowed me to push my buddies on every ride...

More about dieting in the next post.

Until then, GET ON YOUR BIKE AND RIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment