Thursday, March 7, 2013

I've put my foot in it this time....

Well. Hello again. It has been a very long time since I have been on here, so I might just get this thing started up again.

Now I get to enter the 'be careful what you wish for category' as I am now the proud leader of the O'Brien Sketch Club.

One of my ideas over the past few years is that I would like to, at some point, teach. Don't know if I would be good at it, but I thought I would give it a try. So, I had the bright idea of combining one of my favorite things to do with the opportunity to try teaching, thus the Sketch Club.

I decided to approach my boss on the subject of creating a lunch time club that would go out twice a month and sketch locations close to the office. It seems the idea went over pretty well, so I am now the proud owner and operator of the office sketch club.

One thing I have found over time is that if you want to do something and can never seem to find the time to do it, then make someone dependent upon you doing it, then you have to do it or disappoint those who are counting on you. So, I now have to follow trough on my promise! Keep checking back here to see what comes of it and maybe I can post not only my onw work, but the works of my fellow sketchers.

So, here we go.....


No comments:

Post a Comment